Monday, November 12, 2007

To Steve Jobs - Please give me an Ultraportable MacBook

I have finally made the decision to convert to Mac (yay me) - I am 100% confident that with the addition of the new Mac Office suite, all my needs will be met and I can retire my battle hardened Acer Aspire and never be forced to reformat it again.

Looking at what Apple has available today for laptops and with the rumours of an optical driveless ultra portable Mac, I have decided that this is the perfect machine for me. It would be nice if it came with 2G of RAM, an LED back lit display and a solid state (although not a showstopper if it didnt') drive. With the Santa Rosa Chipset this thing should really fly and be an ideal road/carry anywhere machine.

I think I am in the same boat as a lot of road warriors, I want something that is small enough to pull out on a plane (in economy) has great battery life but versatile enough to accomplish all my business related tasks and still do some multimedia. I want the ability to easily work on a desktop in the home office, and have my files synced to provide a seamless computing experience. I don't mind buying two machines, and the concept of an UP Mac might open the door to multiple purchases of other Apple products for a lot of users.

So I will watch anxiously for the new Mac in January and hope that it is the one I have been waiting for.

No comments: