Monday, July 09, 2007

Where is the Vonage Price reduction for Canada? Our dollar is @ par with the US$

I don't get Vonage, they have attached a premium to CDN service since its inception - and now the CDN $ is very close to @par with the US$ - and still CDN pricing hasn't changed.

24.99 - unlimited premium service on Vonage.com
39.99 - unlimited premium service on Vonage.ca


What gives Vonage?

*Update (Oct. 25/2007) - I spoke to a CSR at Vonage today and they said that they price according to competitive local rates. This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard, IP has no boundaries, there are no additional costs to operate in Canada, yet they continue to overcharge Canadian customers.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vonage, an American company don't care how you look at it, has been gouging Canadian since they came to Canada. I have 4 lines/numbers with them but will switch to Comwave or another VOIP company if they don't reduce the rate they charge us(Canadians). I have a few relatives and friends in the US who I may ask to subscribe to Vonage for me.

Anonymous said...

I have called Vonage and asked the same question. I was told that it was under review. Maybe we should a class action. 60% difference is definitely gouging. Let's unit for victory. John D. Cundle jdcundle@cundle.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys,

Excellent blog. Your blog has caught my attention as I was looking for information about Vonage. I found it is very interesting that most of the posts on the internet for vonage are vonage complaints

What do you guys think about it?

Anonymous said...

I too have called Vonage about Canadian pricing and got the same song and dance as you all did. To save Skype seem to be the way to go but it has an other set of problems.

Anonymous said...

I called vonage and was cut off when I asked them why thier was such a difference in pricing between service charges in Canada compared to US.

Anonymous said...

I decided not to sign up for Vonage, because of the high Canidian price. Why support an Americain company, who over charge Canidians.