Thursday, February 16, 2006

Stickam - Video/Clientless VoIP - FREE

For the past few days I have been testing Stickam, you can see it 1/2 way down my blog under my profile. This service is really quite amazing. It is using the latest and greatest flash tricks to provide a few very compelling and usefull features. Among the most interesting is a live webcam feed with sound ! to my blog. It also allows me to store 500MB of content; pictures, video, music in my Stickam player that can be accessed from my site with a few simple clicks - and if that isn't enought, it is also a Clientless VoIP solution, and although not as good as Skype's wideband codec, it isn't too shabby, I was very impressed.

The viral potential of this tool is huge. By targeting MySpace, Xanga, Blogger etc., it will become a standard to enhance your profile and stream webcasts to the internet. I can see no reason why you wouldn't want to use it.

If I am online, you should be able to see me working away at my PC - and most likely hear me as well (haven't figured out how to mute my mic yet) Log in as a guest and send me an IM, would love to hear you thoughts.


No comments: