Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Extreme Skype

This is undoubtedly the coolest use of Skype I have seen yet. I often joke that with a satellite connection you could talk from the top of Mt. Kilimanjaro to another guy at the top of Mt. Everest, but looks like these guys are actually doing it.

One of the neat things I have been working on is the ability to audioblog using Skype, so remotely on a PDA, say hanging by your fingertips to the rock on the North Face of some mountain :) you could take a moment and audioblog your experiences if you had a Sat. connection, through an RBGAN.

Unfortunately you could end up audioblogging your screaming death plunge if you fall off during your session. Although you would go out with a bang, your blog would get more traffic than you could imagine.


1 comment:

Sara said...

You could capture all sorts of intense experiences. Like if you're being held at gunpoint while getting robbed, you could totally be all "hey dude. hold up just a sec I totally need to audioblog this moment...my readers are gonna really dig this shit". and I'm sure the robber would understand because hello! it IS the your blog and I'm sure he could spare 30 seconds for a criminal recap. I'm just sayin.