Tuesday, December 07, 2004

10 Cheesiest Movie Lines of All Time.

These are hard to argue with, cept' for the Top gun reference - that scene brings a tear to my eye everytime.

Did they miss any?

The list of big cheese moments:

1. "Titanic": Leonardo DiCaprio's "I'm the king of the world!"

2. "Dirty Dancing": Patrick Swayze's "Nobody puts Baby in the corner."

3. "Four Weddings And A Funeral": Andie McDowell's "Is it still raining? I hadn't noticed."

3. "Ghost": Demi Moore's "Ditto," to Patrick Swayze's "I love you."

5. "Top Gun": Val Kilmer to Tom Cruise : "You can be my wingman anytime"

6. "Notting Hill": Julia Roberts' "I'm just a girl ... standing in front of a boy ... asking him to love her."

7. "Independence Day": Bill Pullman's "Today we celebrate our Independence Day!"

8. "Braveheart": Mel Gibson "They may take our lives, but they will not take our freedom!"

9. "Jerry Maguire": Renee Zellweger to Tom Cruise: "You had me at hello."

10. "The Postman": A blind woman says to Kevin Costner : "You're a godsend, a savior." He replies: "No, I'm a postman."

1 comment:

Sara said...

I definitely am getting a major whiff of chedder over here. haha. See, many of these lines (e.g., "You had me at hello", "I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy...") made me -- and many others -- cry or experience a distinct emotion when first viewing, which in turn makes the line(s) memorable, thus causing the cheese label.

Nothing like analyzing a little cheese in ass thirty in the morning ; )